Annons:
Tag:ย house-plants
Read 3835 times
Evelina
2017-06-07 11:09

5 Indoor Plants That Don't Need Much Light

Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 5
Preview of image 2 of 5
Preview of image 3 of 5
Preview of image 4 of 5
Preview of image 5 of 5

5 Indoor Plants That Don't Need Much Light

Living in Sweden, I have some rooms that don't receive a lot of natural light. My bathroom doesn't even have a window, but I still manage to keep a plant in there sometimes. 

These five plants are easy to take care of and they don't require direct sunlight. The images are in the order listed below. 

The Snake plant can withstand weeks of neglect. They survive in low light, drought and are often resist to pests. They even keep the air inside your apartment clean by removing toxins. 

Peace Lily plants also clean the air. They like medium to low light, and they are very tolerant to under watering, in fact they enjoy it. They don't need frequent fertilisation. The leaves should be wiped off because they collect dust. Dust inhibits the plants ability to absorb light. 

The Spider plant its tolerate to abuse. Water when soil is dry, keep well drained. Prefers indirect sunlight. 

The Pathos plant enjoys bright indirect light and low light.They can be grown in water or in soil. They work great in bathrooms that get little light. Fertilise infrequently. Toxic to animals and children. 

The Boston Fern enjoys humidity, and works well in the bathroom or kitchen. They need indirect sunlight. Mist a few times a week. Keep soil damp. Fertilise very infrequently. Susceptible to spider mites, spray with a treatment of a neem oil, water and soap combination 2 times a week.

Annons:
Niklas
2017-06-07 17:05

I like the peace lily. It sounds like it could like me too. A couple of those around the house would be good. Can they grow big?

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

This post has been removed
This post has been removed
Evelina
2017-06-07 17:31

They can grow quite big as a floor plant, to 3 feet tall and wide.

Niklas
2017-06-07 18:26

Okay, I got you the first time. ;-)

Evelina
2017-06-07 21:37

Haha. I totally messed up.  I was on my phone earlier when I replied and accidentally sent it more than once. And then just now I accidentally deleted your response saying "Okay, I got you the first time. ;-)" while trying to delete my multiple replies. Should be fixed now ๐Ÿ™‚

Annons:
Niklas
2017-06-07 23:03

:-)

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย