Otherwise known as "Chinese Monkey Plant" or "Elephant Ear"
Pilea Peperomiodes are native to China. They are actually succulents. These plants have been very popular house plants in Scandinavia for the past few decades. In recent years they have become one of the most sought out house plants for interior decorators all over the world.
How to care for Pilea Peperomiodes:
- Water once soil is dry, they do not do well sitting in wet soil.
- They need bright indirect sunlight.
- Rotate often to avoid bent stems since they grow towards the sunlight.
- They need to be planted in soil that drains easily.
- Propagation is easy; gently cut the baby plant from the mama plant and set in moist soil or in water.
- They are non-toxic to cats and dogs.