Read 6787 times
How to Grow Jalapeños and Bell Peppers
Start Growing Jalapeños and Bell Peppers Indoors. After The Last Frost Date Go Ahead & Set Them On The Balcony!
- Start seeds indoors 8-10 weeks before last spring frost date.
- The temperature indoors must be at least 18-20 Celsius for seed germination.
- Start pepper seeds three to a pot, and thin out the weakest seedling.
- Set under Grow Lights, for germination I used a 15W LED Grow light, and once a few inches tall I set them under a 45W LED Grow panel.
- Allow roots to establish themselves firmly 10 days before transplanting.
- A week before transplanting, start to fertilize.
- After the last frost has passed, transplant seedlings onto the balcony. You can warm up the soil by covering it with black plastic.
- Fertilize every week, and water frequently.
- Bell peppers take 70 to 90 days to mature and chill peppers can take even longer, about 150 days. The plant's flowers need to be pollinated in order for peppers to form.