Tagapartment-gardening
Read 2220 times
Evelina
2018-09-02, 21:26

The importance of showering your house plants

Did you have any plant related activities this weekend?

I spent my Sunday morning taking each and every one of my indoor plants into the shower and spraying all of the leaves off. I also watered them and made sure to remove any dead leaves. 

I have found that giving my plants regular showers to remove the dust and any unwanted bugs keeps my plants looking better and healthier too. And it provides a moment of extra humidity, which is always much needed!

Do you ever take your plants into the shower to give them a good spray down?

I forgot to take any photos of the process, but I thought a picture of cute puppy getting a shower would suffice. 🙂

Niklas
2018-09-03, 12:50

Reading your post makes me feel like a bad gardener. :-) Luckily the plants we have seems to stand our neglective behavior. I did, however, spoil one of them with a larger self-watering pot this summer.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-09-04, 09:55

Well if your plants are still alive then keep on doing what you are doing! That is nice 🙂 Which plant is it for?

Start your own community!

For your company, club, school class, neighborhood, blog, hobby, interest, gaming clan, family, friend circle, sports team, study group...

Get started in minutes. For free of course!

Niklas
2018-09-04, 10:30

It was the weeping fig.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tammie
2018-09-06, 15:43

I haven't done this lately but need to.Horrified

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Maleficum
2018-11-10, 22:57

I try to do it once in a while (often in combination with cleaning the windows).

But I also let many of my plants (like Crassula and Schulumbergera) live outside during the summer (in all weathers) and they absolutely love it and grow a lot better and faster and get really green and more healthy looking! And especially the shulumbergera blooms like crazy for a really long time as soon as I take it indoors again in the fall.

Only my Hoyas stay inside (mostly because they are big and not easily moved).

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

Evelina
2018-12-28, 14:29

#5 that is really good! I let my hibiscus, olive tree, and some other small plants out on my balcony. But its quite small so I can't bring everything out in the summer. 

I would love to see some photos of the plants you mentioned Laughing

Scroll to top