Annons:
Taghouse-plants
Read 2584 times
Evelina
2017-06-10 14:24

Rubber Plant

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I used to live at my dad's house before I moved to Sweden. I left a bunch of plants at his house because well I couldn't take them with me. He has a bunch of cacti and succulents on the patio, which is perfect since California has been suffering a drought the last few years (until recently there has been flooding). He also has one real house plant! The rest are plastic from Ikea Laughing out loud. He regularly sends me pictures of the real house plant, to show me how good he is at keeping it alive. 

So here is his Rubber Plant, or Ficus Elastica (Fönster Fikus på svenska). 

He says it loves the indirect sun coming through the sliding door, and he waters it once a week. 

I really like this plant, but I haven't been able to find one here in Sweden even though its a really common house plant.  

I think it needs to be repotted, what do you guys think?

Annons:
ylvala
2017-06-11 21:19

I lived with my dad before i moved too and we had a Ficus elastica. I left it because i  had no space for it. Kind of regret it now. The plant was  old, i dont know where it came from in the beginning. And it grew fruit all the time. Dont know where that poor plant ended up, i think he gave it away.

I think your dads plant could use new soil and maybe a larger pot. It would probably grow bigger 🙂

Evelina
2017-06-12 10:10

Oh, wow. I didn't know that they grew fruit, that's cool. Yea, I told him to do so. He just repotted the Jade tree thats on the patio. Its growing like crazy, it kept falling over because it was top heavy. 🙂

Scroll to top
Annons: