Annons:
Taghouse-plants
Read 3589 times
Evelina
2017-08-02 12:53

Indoor Plants that Tolerate Full Sun

I visited my boyfriend's sister and her boyfriend at their apartment the other day. She was looking for plants that would grow well in their living room which has a huge window that gets full sunlight. I wasn't really sure at first because my apartment gets bright indirect sunlight at best. Then I began to think about all the plants that don't do so well in my apartment. Winking

Here are a few plants that grow well in bright direct sunlight:

Bird of Paradise

Bird of Paradise plants (Stelitzia reginae) - Bird of paradise is a popular houseplant amongst interior decorators. Its known for its unique flowers and huge tall leaves. 

• Bright sunlight
  • High humidity 
  • It will grow flowers after four years of being in the same pot, so don't repot often. 

Jade Plant

Succulents and Cacti - such as the The Jade plantwhich is one of the easiest plants to grow.

• Bright sunlight (if they are outdoors, they can get sunburned and shouldn't be in in direct sun all day). 
  •  Water soil after it dries out 

Rosemary, Thyme, Basil and Oregano - These herbs thrive in direct sunlight. 

• Basil requires higher humidity and more water than the other herbs listed.
  • Rosemary, Thyme and Oregano thrive in dry sunny conditions. Water soil when it becomes completely dry.

Geranium

Geranium - These plants are a common houseplant because they are so easy to grow and they grow flowers in multiple colors. 

• Bright sunlight
  • Fertilise during growing season
  • Let soil dry a few inches before watering
  • Pinch off yellowing and brown leaves and old buds in order to encourage growth. 

Dwarf Lemon

Dwarf Citrus - Lemons, oranges and Kumquats are the most popular miniature citruses. 

• Bright sunlight 
  • Fertilise during growing season
  • Water frequently during growing season
  • Susceptible to pests such as spider mites. Start treating for spider mites before you get them. They are hard to get rid of and spread quickly. Spray with a Neem oil/water mixture every three days. 

Let me know if you know of any more indoor plants that thrive in full sun!

Annons:
Evelina
2017-08-02 13:29

Pineapple plants also need full sun in order to grow fruit 😎

Scroll to top
Annons: