Apartment Gardening

Quiz: Which House Plant is Right for You?

2018-01-25 10:44 #0 by: Evelina

Want to start growing plants in your home but aren't sure which one to begin with? Try this quiz from minigarden.net! Stars

My result: Guzmania

"Guzmania bring the tropics home. Their large blooms are brightly colored, and they'll add fantastic texture to your space. 

Conditions:

Bright sunlight

Moderately dry

60-65° Winter, 65-80° temperatures 

A bright, huge tropical bloom."

2018-01-25 13:03 #1 by: Leia

I got African Violet!

African Violets are a little temperamental, but your TLC will be rewarded with beautiful colorful blooms!

Conditions:
Medium sunlight, with a minimum of 8 hours or darkness per day to encourage blooming
Medium to frequent watering
50-70° temperatures

A perfect plant if your living in Sweden  this time of year as it requires darknessLaughing out loud

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

2018-01-25 16:24 #2 by: Evelina

My mom loves those! And so does my grandma but I can't seem to keep them alive. 

2018-01-26 03:11 #3 by: Tammie

Wow, I got the Christmas Cactus which happens to be a plant that I have wanted for some time now! 

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

2018-01-26 08:34 #4 by: Evelina

Oh! I also really want that one. It would be a nice hanging plant ☺️

2018-01-26 11:32 #5 by: Niklas

Result: Burro’s Tail

Didn’t look that great. :-)

Best regards, Niklas

Host of Crypto Currencies | How to... | iPad for Work | Mobile Photography

2018-01-26 12:33 #6 by: Evelina

Never heard of that one Niklas!

2018-02-02 06:18 #7 by: Emo

First I wanted to tell you what my favorite is, but then I saw that you wanted me to try the quiz, so I did it - and I got the right answer.
Of course it was that I should keep my favorite. Most of them alive in one house and then this kind in the house without warmth.
Now I know that it is called African violet, too

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

2018-02-02 11:37 #8 by: Emo

#2 Maybe you don't check the soil before you water the plant. If it isn't completely dry it isn't time to water. Remember, they can't swim. LaughingWinking

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

There is anohter comment in this discussion. It is, however, only visible for logged in members. To read the comment, log in or register to become a member.