Apartment Gardening

Sowing Sunday

2018-04-22 12:03 #0 by: Evelina

I finally cleaned my balcony this weekend since the weather has been so nice! I checked the temperatures and there shouldn’t be anymore freezing temperatures this spring in my zone so I thought I might as well start gardening!

I sowed summer carrots πŸ₯•, different kinds of zucchini πŸ†, various flowers including poppies 🌸🌼🌷, oregano, parsley, basil, lettuce, kale, jalepenos 🌢, yellow green beans, and yellow and red cherry tomatoes πŸ…!

I got excited and went a little over board. πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚

What did you do this weekend?

2018-04-22 12:41 #1 by: Niklas

Personally, I haven't done much. Fortunately, I have a family that is much more into gardening. They made sowing pots out of newspaper. Then they will fill them with soil and plant seeds. Tomatoes, pansies and ramson, I think.

Best regards, Niklas

Host of Crypto Currencies | How to... | iPad for Work | Mobile Photography

2018-04-22 12:43 #2 by: Niklas

It says pineapple on one of the seed bags. I'm not sure that's really what it is.

Best regards, Niklas

Host of Crypto Currencies | How to... | iPad for Work | Mobile Photography

2018-04-22 13:10 #3 by: Evelina

#1 That’s a neat idea! πŸ˜„ I decided to sow directly outdoors and into the large pots this year because I felt a bit lazy haha πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

2018-04-22 15:35 #4 by: Tammie

I love it! Spring time is so fun. 

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

2018-04-22 16:42 #5 by: Jenny

#3 I always sow directly outside! I feel like I get stronger plants that way, so don't feel it was lazy! Glad

Here it is still too cold, so I am awaiting the day... But I have prepared the balcony with boxes, chairs, a table and a carpet so it is cozy and nice. Just the plants missing!

2018-04-22 16:52 #6 by: Evelina

#5 Good to know! Then I won’t feel too lazy haha. That sounds really cozy! My balcony doesnt have enough room for chairs.πŸ˜” It used to but then I kept adding shelves for more plants. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚

There is anohter comment in this discussion. It is, however, only visible for logged in members. To read the comment, log in or register to become a member.