Annons:
Tagbeginner-tips
Read 2851 times
Tammie
2018-06-15 16:46

How to Grow Avocado From Seeds

I don't know about you but for me I tend to eat a LOT of guacamole in the summer! I also really love the look of Avocado plants. It is really simple to get an avocado plant started. It just takes a bit of patience, water, toothpicks and a small vase! Laughing

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Annons:
Emo
2018-06-15 16:59

Usually I put it in the soil and water like all other plants. After a few years I get rid of them when they are to large. I have never understand why people make so much fuss about growing avocados. Please tell me why. Sometimes I put them in the soil in the greenhouse. Easy, not needing to care about them until they are big enough to plant in a pot.

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

jadekintz
2018-06-15 17:02

Do you know if it is true that it takes 7 years for an avocado plant to produce fruit? I was always curious.

Tammie
2018-06-16 22:50

#1 I think it is just the fun of growing something from a seed! #2 I don’t know for sure.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Emo
2018-06-17 04:37

#3 So do I. But I have never understand why people put sticks in some seeds. It happens not in the nature. Why do thing more complicated than nessesary? All the avocadotrees I have had was grown up just like the do in the nature. I have never had some sticks in them.

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Leia
2018-06-17 21:18

If it 7 years, I don't think I'd have the patience haha.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Evelina
2018-06-18 19:32

#4 I like to see them grow in water because I like to watch the growth. I think they are beautiful plants and great additions to add some green to a kitchen.  But I have heard that people have great success with growing them directly in soil. 

#2 Normally avocado plants that are to be grown from Grafting. The graft is taken from an avocado tree that already produces fruit. There is a very high chance that growing avocado from seed will not produce fruit.

Annons:
jadekintz
2018-06-22 17:06

#6 Oh okay thank you, I remember my grandma having an avocado tree and saying that the fruit wouldn't produce for a while. I don't think she has the tree anymore Laughing #5 I agree Leia! I have a hard time waiting for my tomatoes to ripen

Scroll to top
Annons: