Beginner Tips

How to Grow Avocado From Seeds

2018-06-15 14:46 #0 by: Tammie

I don't know about you but for me I tend to eat a LOT of guacamole in the summer! I also really love the look of Avocado plants. It is really simple to get an avocado plant started. It just takes a bit of patience, water, toothpicks and a small vase! Laughing

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

2018-06-15 14:59 #1 by: Emo

Usually I put it in the soil and water like all other plants. After a few years I get rid of them when they are to large. I have never understand why people make so much fuss about growing avocados. Please tell me why. Sometimes I put them in the soil in the greenhouse. Easy, not needing to care about them until they are big enough to plant in a pot.

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

2018-06-15 15:02 #2 by: jadekintz

Do you know if it is true that it takes 7 years for an avocado plant to produce fruit? I was always curious.

2018-06-16 20:50 #3 by: Tammie

#1 I think it is just the fun of growing something from a seed!
#2 I don’t know for sure.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

2018-06-17 02:37 #4 by: Emo

#3 So do I. But I have never understand why people put sticks in some seeds. It happens not in the nature. Why do thing more complicated than nessesary? All the avocadotrees I have had was grown up just like the do in the nature. I have never had some sticks in them.

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

2018-06-17 19:18 #5 by: Leia

If it 7 years, I don't think I'd have the patience haha.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

2018-06-18 17:32 #6 by: Evelina

#4 I like to see them grow in water because I like to watch the growth. I think they are beautiful plants and great additions to add some green to a kitchen.  But I have heard that people have great success with growing them directly in soil. 

#2 Normally avocado plants that are to be grown from grafting. The graft is taken from an avocado tree that already produces fruit. There is a very high chance that growing avocado from seed will not produce fruit. 

There is anohter comment in this discussion. It is, however, only visible for logged in members. To read the comment, log in or register to become a member.