Annons:
Tagapartment-gardening
Read 2443 times
Evelina
2018-08-04 17:31

Sunburnt plants in apartment and solution

Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 3
Preview of image 2 of 3
Preview of image 3 of 3

I came home from vacation and my friend who watched them while I was away did an amazing job! I did notice however that some of the leaves got sunburnt (not her fault). It has been really hot in Stockholm! Previously, I had no curtains up because I always wanted as much sun as possible to come through into the apartment. But this summer has been exceptionally too warm. So, my dad and I headed to Ikea for a more permanent solution. I clipped up a white sheet as a temporary solution but it wasn’t looking too great 😂. 

That is why I decided to spend the money on some curtains. The ones I decided to go with are 100% polyester, which allow for sunlight to filter through. They have magnetic strips in them for the ability to choose the desired length. I chose white in order for my apartment to still look and feel bright even though the curtains are down. 

Here are the photos of the result! What do you think? 

The only window I left out in the apartment was the kitchen window since none of those plants looked burnt since that window is facing in another direction, and a building is blocking a lot of the sunlight. I do wish that I got one for that window as well though since I am really loving the look of the curtains.

Annons:
Tammie
2018-08-04 19:14

It looks beautiful!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Evelina
2018-08-04 19:26
Leia
2018-08-05 22:27

I love it! Really modernises the place.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2018-08-07 19:49

I like it too. Are the magnets so you can fold and clip them togetherfor did I misunderstand that?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-08-08 07:59

Yes! The horizontal bars have magnetics in them in order to fold the curtain up if you want to let more sun in

Evelina
2018-08-08 08:00

#3 Thank you, I agree! I wasn’t expecting the result 🙂

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: