Annons:
Tag:ย apartment-gardening
Read 2220 times
Evelina
2018-09-02 21:26

The importance of showering your house plants

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Did you have any plant related activities this weekend?

I spent my Sunday morning taking each and every one of my indoor plants into the shower and spraying all of the leaves off. I also watered them and made sure to remove any dead leaves. 

I have found that giving my plants regular showers to remove the dust and any unwanted bugs keeps my plants looking better and healthier too. And it provides a moment of extra humidity, which is always much needed!

Do you ever take your plants into the shower to give them a good spray down?

I forgot to take any photos of the process, but I thought a picture of cute puppy getting a shower would suffice. ๐Ÿ™‚

Annons:
Niklas
2018-09-03 12:50

Reading your post makes me feel like a bad gardener. :-) Luckily the plants we have seems to stand our neglective behavior. I did, however, spoil one of them with a larger self-watering pot this summer.

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Evelina
2018-09-04 09:55

Well if your plants are still alive then keep on doing what you are doing! That is nice ๐Ÿ™‚ Which plant is it for?

Niklas
2018-09-04 10:30

It was the weeping fig.

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Tammie
2018-09-06 15:43

I haven't done this lately but need to.Horrified

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Maleficum
2018-11-10 22:57

I try to do it once in a while (often in combination with cleaning the windows).

But I also let many of my plants (like Crassula and Schulumbergera) live outside during the summer (in all weathers) and they absolutely love it and grow a lot better and faster and get really green and more healthy looking! And especially the shulumbergera blooms like crazy for a really long time as soon as I take it indoors again in the fall.

Only my Hoyas stay inside (mostly because they are big and not easily moved).

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

Evelina
2018-12-28 14:29

#5 that is really good! I let my hibiscus, olive tree, and some other small plants out on my balcony. But its quite small so I can't bring everything out in the summer. 

I would love to see some photos of the plants you mentioned Laughing

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons:
ย