Fruits and Berries

Perfect for balcony: compact raspberry bush

2020-06-03 14:07 #0 by: Evelina

Since my strawberry plants are growing so well, and I had a coupon to get a free Lavender plant if I spent 100kr (10 euro) at my local plant store, I decided to buy a compact raspberry bush. It’s supposed to work great for balconies. So it is now in the sunniest corner, sitting on top of another pot so it reaches the sun better. I still have to buy more soil because I ran out.

Have you grown raspberries before? Any tips?

2020-06-09 23:41 #1 by: Tammie

Nice!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

2020-06-16 08:56 #2 by: Niklas

Raspberries are strange. One that Åsa planted years ago has never taken off (probably in part because I forget it and run it over with the mower), but others around it are spreading like weed all around the lawn. 🙂 Blackberries are almost the same. We have two planted blackberry bushes and one that came on its own.

2020-06-16 08:59 #3 by: Evelina

#2 LOL I'll be sure to refrain from running it over with a lawn mower Laughing out loud

Did you get any berries from the blackberry bushes?

2020-06-16 09:14 #4 by: Niklas

Yes, if you had a wife, she wouldn’t be happy if you did. Especially not after she explicitly told you to be careful not to run them over again.

Become a member

To participate in the discussion, you must first become a member. It is quick, simple and free. The membership gives you access to all our communities.