Annons:
Taghouse-plants
Read 1610 times
Evelina
2020-09-07 10:29

Giving my house plants a much needed trim

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I finally went through my whole apartment and gave all my plants a ”haircut.” The plants look much better and so does my apartment! It looks a bit less like an unattended jungle now. 😅 I didn’t count but I have probably ended up with over 200 plant cuttings. I’ll end up giving some away during the holidays to friends. I usually give the less expensive ones away as many people don’t know how to care from them and they end up dying anyway. 😆 The more expensive and rare ones will end up getting sold. I might keep a few just in case something happens to the parent plant though. Ill have to let them properly root in the water, then Ill transfer them to small pots with soil and bark and let them get more firmly established. Then, it will be off to their new homes!

Annons:
Maleficum
2020-09-08 00:32

Nice job!

I just took in my last plant that have been standing outside during the summer. (All but one that is left planted in the garden because I don't have room for it so sadly it probably will die if I can't find someone to take it, a big jade tree plant).

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

Evelina
2020-09-08 09:57

Thanks! 🙂

I hope you can find a home for it! Jade plants are so pretty. I have a small one and its growing like crazy.

Maleficum
2020-09-08 22:56

I have 5 big jade trees (with the one still outside)! Not easy having room for them all because I got a lot of big Hoyas of different kind to.

Evelina
2020-09-09 15:32

They are beautiful though! 🙂 Mine is very small in comparison.

Evelina
2020-09-09 15:34

It is growing in a peculiar manner. 😆

Maleficum
2020-09-09 21:53

If you can, keep it outside during the summer! They grow like weeds then! All of them (except the one in the window) was smaller then yours only 2-3 years ago.

Annons:
Niklas
2020-10-04 14:12

”… then I'll transfer them to small pots with soil and bark …”

Why bark?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2020-10-04 14:41

Bark and perlite helps the soil breath easier. It will prevent mold from growing.

Niklas
2020-10-07 10:10

Aha, I didn’t know that.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: